Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Sibes Got Their Wish and THEN SOME!!!

On Wednesday night I went to be thinking that we were going to escape the brunt of the storm and that the Sibes were NOT getting their wish of 12 inches of snow as forecast since the only fresh snow on the ground was the 4 inches that had unexpectedly fallen in the morning hours :)
Alas, I was mistaken. I woke up a little before 5:30am on Thursday to the sound of a message on my Blackberry.... "School is Cancelled."
Hmmm I thought, how much snow fell while I was sleeping? I came downstairs and turned on the outside lights.....rubbed my eyes as I thought that I MUST still be dreaming! The snow was up so high on the back door that I could only push it open about 6" ! Wow, did we have HAPPY Sibes when they woke up to play in the more than 18 inches of freshly fallen snow yesterday! I must admit that I was not too happy to see this new snow on top of the already amassed 3+ feet that Mother Nature has already left in her trails for us. The shoveling began.....and went on and on throughout the day.
The only thing that kept us all smiling and laughing was the sheer look of bliss on the faces of Apollo, Athena and Zeus :)


Siberian Paradise, again...

No comments:

Post a Comment