Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Snowiest Winter I Ever Remember :)

Having lived in the Northeast for my entire childhood and a major portion of my adult years, NEVER have I seen a Winter such as we are having here this year! When a forecast calls for 7 to 9" and you think "Is that ALL?", you KNOW that you have been being slammed by Mother Nature!

I do not know why Mother Nature seems to be angry at the Northeast, but I DO know that even though I am quite tired of snowstorms, there are three Siberians in my house that anxiously watch out the door as yet another snowstorm brews, with their tails wagging, big smiles on their faces and dreams

of romping in the freshly fallen snow overtaking their minds. If not for their smiling faces this Winter I am quite certain that I would have run screaming out my door and not stopped until I reached a warm stretch of ocean lined with warm sand that burns your feet. I have spent the Winter thinking of things that I should own before NEXT Winter, and the more snow we get, the more silly my list becomes.

With how much snow we have amassed on our property, we are up to having a bulldozer delivered so that a friend can begin moving snow embankments to make room for plowing the next storm(s).....I know that when I listened to the news the other night and the newsman pointed out the the Winter

was ALMOST 1/2 over and that the Northeast historically gets the bulk of its snow in the SECOND half of the Winter, I began laughing SO hard, that anyone within range was probably convinced that I had finally completely lost my mind :) With close to 5 feet of snow on my 2.5 acres, I am not sure if it is possible to have more snow in the second half than the first half, but I DO know that I am happy that I have a two story home JUST in case!!

No comments:

Post a Comment