Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Beautiful Mt. Peyreigne

Yesterday was ice hill moving day at the house. A very hard working crew of eight men came armed with ice picks and snow shovels and the fun(?) began.
If you remember from an earlier posting, my Sibes were enjoying the view in the windows from out back for the first time ever! I did not decide to have the ice and snow hills moved just to make it so that they could not do this, I decided that all that snow and ice melting near the foundation, MIGHT give me the indoor swimming pool that I have always imagined in my dreams, but instead of dreaming it would have become a reality in my basement.

It was kind of exciting to see what was getting unearthed out there! We got to find things that we have not seen since Christmas Day!
Two wooden patio lounge chairs, a garden hose, 3 folding patio chairs, a small table, my pool net, a snorkeling mask, two of the three wading pools that the Sibes use in summer, a broom, and the last remnants of the Fall leaves that had blown onto the patio right before Christmas :) The nice men even blazed a trail to the BBQ which has been unused for over 5 weeks, a REAL rarity for us as we are known to BBQ year round whatever the weather :)

You might be wondering where do you put 5 foot tall hills of snow and ice from you patio? Just how much snow/ice is that?
Well we are now the proud owners of Mt. Peyreigne, the highest point on our property! The Sibes are LOVING having a mountain to run up and down! And they are LOVING having the last remnants of last Fall's leaves on the mountain to give them something new to sniff other than snow.....

plus the leaves give enough traction so the Siberians can run fast and take off and FLY!












In fact, it is quite a fun new place to play out back, one that I think we will be enjoying LONG after the Springtime arrives!!

3 comments:

  1. love the action shot of the sibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my sarcasm somewhere.....as soon as I find it, I will post a new entry :) LOL

    ReplyDelete