Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not Quite the Evening We Planned at our House Tonight :)

Ok.....day spent chipping and moving ice with Alex. Actually fun as I watched Alex "skating" and sliding on the driveway on purpose to amuse himself while we were chipping. I did tell him at one point that I would prefer that he wait until we were done the section that we had to do, as this was not a good day for broken bones as I needed his help to finish the chipping.....not to mention that there was ABSOLUTELY no way to get in or out of here to get to a hospital :) He chipped and THEN screwed around on the ice and no hospital visit was necessary! Whew!

Evening rolls around, fire in the fireplace, getting ready to make dinner, Bob on
his way home....this is just to set the stage for you:) All of a sudden Christine SCREAMS to me that Flame is dying and to come quick! For those of you that do not know Flame, she is one of Christine's 3 Bearded Dragons that share her room.....I RUN to her room expecting the worst as Flame has been "sick" of late and even had surgery a few weeks ago for a prolapse. The recovery has not been smooth, but we have been able to handle it all pretty well! We even learned how to give a bearded dragon a shot! Well I take one look at Flame and my brain tells me that Christine was right as Flame looked like she was dying a horrible painful death! All of a sudden, POP, out comes an EGG! An egg? Huh? What the hell? Yup, turns out that Flame was laying unfertilized eggs, something that I would LIKE to think that the Vet in Wilton would have KNOWN BEFORE the surgery a few weeks ago!!! LOL

Well she is having a difficult time of this, so tomorrow she is going to the Vet to get checked out and to make sure that she will lay her eggs in a safe fashion.....so no baby beardies, but a "virgin birth" here in Weston! Maybe I should accept the FaceBook invitation that I received to the 2012 End of the World Party :) Wish us luck with Flame as we play Midwife tonight!

IMPORTANT FLAME UPDATE! Flame has successfully laid 7 of her 11+ eggs. She is not a picky nester as she just drops those eggs wherever she chooses in her tank! I wonder if she knows that they are not fertile and figures...what the hell? Doesn't matter where I lay these!

No comments:

Post a Comment