Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Storms.....the Good and the Bad......

So Mother Nature got tired of dropping snow on us it appears. Not that I am complaining or anything, but what the heck am I supposed to do about the ice that is falling and coating EVERYTHING outside in a THICK coat????? OK, Home Depot and I were good friends on Sunday and I bought 800 pounds of ice melt. With what has already been used I still have about 650 pounds left. I fear that might not be enough for what is outside, but I wish that I had a grass seed spreader to spread this stuff on my 1/4 mile long driveway......Ok....enough complaining .....Mother Nature is striking, we will battle and we will win again :)
Yesterday was an odd day...the pups were VERY happy as it was a "no school day" (again) so they had their buddies here to play with them. All the HUGE snow embankments and piles out back are frozen enough that the pups can walk on
top of most of it and are MUCH higher off the ground than ever before......








......in fact
they are probably going to be QUITE disappointed when this all melts and they are back on ground level and unable to peek in the windows!!


and when the pups are all done playing outside, there is nothing better than a
little snooze on a leather couch or chair....











with Apollo standing guard outside while his younger brethren rest up for the next round of fun!

1 comment: