Siberian Smiles

Siberian Smiles
Athena and Zeus in Paradise

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day #2 of the Melting Begins....

As I listened all night long to drip, drop, drip, drop, drip, drop outside (thankfully not inside) my bedroom window I began to make another mental list of things that I should probably have before this Spring begins....it might be TOO late for some of the things, but owning some will be more helpful than owning none......

Why did I "hear" this sound all night, whether awake or in my dreams, you ask? For the first time since December, we awoke to a morning that was above the freezing mark! It is a balmy 33 degrees upon awakening and it set to rise to, hold onto your hat, 36 degrees today with SUNSHINE! So the drip, drop, drip, drop, drip, drop was the sound of my ice dams starting their melting process one drop at a time.....at this rate it will take until probably August to have them completely gone, but at least it is a start!

So the list making mentally began......

UMBRELLAS: There will be no such thing as too many umbrellas...




I think that a few of the umbrellas should be made out of steel as some of the icicles that are completely out of reach are HUGE and I figure at some point they will come crashing down and try to impale us....using the 6 P's from my previous post, a few steel umbrellas seems like a good idea when entering or exiting the house.






TALL BOOTS! Really TALL boots. I am thinking of the hip waders that I see the fishermen at the river using in the Springtime.

I am not sure that this photo does justice to the size of the hill out back since it was taken from the 2nd floor of my home a few storms ago. But not only do I have all of OUR snow melt to contend with, I have all of the snow melt from the street WAY ABOVE me to contend with.....in a normal rainstorm, it is like having Niagara Falls out back......add all the snow melt and I am thinking that I am going to have A LOT of water in my back yard. Thus my quest for hip waders. Maybe I can ask one of the ice fishermen that I saw the other day where to get those. If worse comes to worse, we all own wetsuits for snorkeling/diving....hmmm those might come in handy too.


A ROWBOAT might be a necessary item this Spring. Referring to the above mentioned hill, for longer jaunts into the yard, a little rowboat might be in order.
That way if the Sibes get too far away from me out in the yard, I can row out to them to take pictures. They LOVE the water so I know that they will be out swimming around in the yard, and I want to be able to get pictures of them without getting my camera equipment wet.

And I suppose that what I REALLY will need this Spring is an Ark. A BIG ARK. One with all the amenities of a cruise ship. As all of this melts and gets deeper and deeper, I can steer my ark through town picking up people that I like and their pets. The more the merrier. Hell it is downhill from here to Long Island Sound, so I can just steer that baby all the way to the Sound...then the ocean.....then head South.....and keep going until I get to Aruba....and park that Ark at the cruise ship dock and climb off. This is the only view I want from now on out my window.....
So if anyone knows a reliable ark builder, give him my number and send him right over. No time like the present to get ready for the Spring! Plenty of room onboard for more with 5 humans, 3 Siberians, 3 Bearded Dragons, 2 Leopard Geckos and 2 White's Tree Frogs :) Come Onboard!

1 comment: